Labs & Training Centers
CGC has well maintained classrooms & Training centers which provides students with the opportunity to study one content area intensely. Faculty, using a variety of educational strategies, help students achieve the learning objectives. Classrooms are also configured with a classroom management system that controls the computer, projector, screen, lighting, audio system, VCR and DVD.
The college has excellent facilities to impart practical knowledge in various subjects of pharmacy profession. Following lab facilities are available in Chandigarh College of Pharmacy:
- Pharmaceutical Chemistry lab : The lab is well designed and maintained to train the students in the practical aspects of medicinal chemistry. All the required chemicals and reagents are provided to the students for performing various experiments pertaining to synthesis, analysis, identification, purification and other research aspects. Complete safety precautions are taken in order to ensure safe working environment.
- Pharmaceutics lab : is well equipped and maintained to broaden the hands on experience on formulation and evaluation of various pharmaceutical products. The main aim of this lab is to emphasize on providing the basic knowledge of subject to the students to train them as per the pharmaceutical industry requirements. A dedicated facility of machine room is available in department to help students acquire the basic knowledge of the various machines and equipments used in pharmaceutical industry.
- Pharmacology lab: This is a good example of providing knowledge of pharmacological aspects of drugs with the help of highly sophisticated softwares. A practical vision is provided to the students regarding anatomy and physiology.
- Pharmacognosy lab : This lab has a good collection of crude drugs comprising of various plant parts of medicinal importance in its store. The lab has all the basic facilities to perform the experiments related to identification, extraction, characterization and evaluation of the crude drugs.
- Central Instrumentation lab: CIL is a central facility for all concerned subjects. The students are provided access to highly sophisticated instruments such as HPLC, Double beam UV spectrophotometer, FTIR, ATR, Dissolution with UV, GEL DOC, Trinocular Microscope, flame photometer, Brook field viscometer and many more thereby carying their individualities to fit in reputed pharma institutions and industries.
- Computer Lab : Located on the ground floor of college premises, computer lab consists of the on 40 computers for students to access internet. Scanning and printing services are available. A college network id and password are required for use of the computers.