Pharmacy is one such health care profession that deals with manufacture, sale of life saving drugs and ensures its safe and effective use. Opportunities for several lucrative jobs exist in production, hospital pharmacy, marketing and sales, drug control administration, community pharmacy, research and development and pharmacy education. Pharmacists are fully trained professionals in medicines.
Future Career Prospects
If you are pursuing Bachelor degree in Pharmacy from the Best B.Pharmacy College in Punjab, Chandigarh or any other city then it is like Cherry on Cake for your career and bright future.
A career in pharmacy gives a plenty of golden opportunities for young aspirants because of following reasons like
- Pharmaceutical industry is amongst the highest growing industries worldwide. As an industry, Indian pharmaceutical sector is worth Rs. 25,000 crores.
- Today, the industry is witnessing an annual growth rate of 8 to 9%. There are 20000 registered pharmacy units in our country.
- The Pharmaceutical industry meets around 70% of the nation’s demand for bulk drugs intermediates, chemicals, pharmaceutical formulations, capsules, injectibles, tablets and orals.
To get Admission in the course you must have 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry and one of the following subjects: Math/Biology/Bio-technology/ Computer Science. Candidates who have passed diploma in pharmacy from Punjab State Board of Technical Education / any other university / State Board of Technical Education provided that the diploma is duly approved by the PCI / AICTE are also eligible.
Lateral Entry to Second Year
The minimum qualifications for admission to 2nd year/3rd semester of B.Pharmacy are as follows:
- All those candidates who have passed the diploma in Pharmacy from any educational institution affiliated to Punjab State Board of Technical Education & Industrial Training/ Punjabi University or any other University situated in the State of Punjab and Diploma in Pharmacy awarded is duly approved by the PCI/AICTE.
- Students who are directly admitted to the Pharmacy 2nd year shall have to pass those B.Pharmacy 1st year subjects, which are not actually covered under B.Pharmacy.
- A candidate needs to have a good moral character, he/ she must fulfill the conditions mentioned in the Punjab Govt Notification No.35/44/95-IT (21/978 dated 21.3.2003) incorporated in the CET -2010 Information Brochure of PTU and must be a citizen of India.
- 10% seats of total intake in 1st year are filled in second year out of which 33.3% seats are reserved as management quota which are to be filled directly by the college. Admissions to all seats are made on the inter se merit in qualifying exam.
Admission will be done on the basis of CET conducted by PTU, Jalandhar. 66.6% seats form the State Quota and 33.3% of the seats are for Management Quota. All seats are filled on the merit of CET/JEE/marks in qualifying exam. Online registration can be done on our website www.cgc.edu.in after 10+2 examination.